Holloway Diamonds is committed to providing quality services and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (the Privacy Act). The National Privacy Principles (NPPs) govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include names, addresses, email addresses, and mobile numbers, and blog comments.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including by telephone, by email, in-person in our stores, via our website www.HollowayDiamonds.com.au, Facebook and Instagram messages, from cookies and third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or the policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients, and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing via email to [email protected]
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
The types of personal information we collect include:
- contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other telephone numbers);
- payment information (such as a delivery address, and billing address);
- customer service information (such as customer service inquiries, comments, and repair history);
- photographs, comments, and other content you provide;
- information regarding your personal or professional interests, date of birth, marital status, demographics, and experiences with our products and contact preferences;
- information you submit in connection with a career opportunity at Holloway Diamonds, such as contact details, information in your résumé (including work history, education and language skills) and details about your current employment;
purchase and transaction information;
- contact information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact;
- location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and/or zip code) and the precise geolocation of your mobile device where we have provided notice and choice, as appropriate;
- information we may obtain from our third-party service providers; and
- other personal information we obtain through our Channels.
Collection with cookies and other technologies
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our Online Channels, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is collected directly by the providers of the features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Holloway Diamonds is not responsible for these providers’ information practices.
How we use the information
We use the information we obtain to perform a contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, including to:
- transact with you and provide various products and services to you;
- process and fulfill orders in connection with our products and services and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- manage career opportunities, including for recruitment purposes, employee onboarding and other Human Resources purposes;
- provide customer support (including repairs, alterations, cleaning and other services); and
- create and manage your account with Holloway Diamonds.
We use the information we obtain on the basis of our legitimate interests, which we can describe further upon request, including to:
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analysing our products and customer base; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- reduce credit risk and manage collections;
- verify your identity;
- send you promotional materials and other communications (including thank you notes, Christmas cards, special occasion reminders and other communications from sales members of Holloway Diamonds)
- communicate with you via email, postal mail, phone and other means about, and to administer your participation in, special events, customer programs, offers, surveys and market research;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- respond to your inquiries.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances, we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Holloway Diamonds will not charge any fee for your access request but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We may contact you via phone, mail, SMS or email to check that your data is correct. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change according to Government policies from time to time and is available on our website.
Forward all communication regarding Privacy and Holloway Diamonds to [email protected]