Morganite is a popular gemstone known for its soft pink hues and delicate appearance. Many jewellery enthusiasts are drawn to it, but with the daily wear and tear that jewellery often faces, it’s natural to wonder if this delicate stone is suitable for everyday wear. Luckily, it is!
In this post, we’ll dive into the properties of morganite and the considerations you should remember when deciding to wear it daily. From its durability to cleaning and maintenance, we have you covered on all things morganite.
What Is Morganite?
Morganite is a beautiful and valuable gemstone that belongs to the beryl mineral family. It’s known for its soft pink-to-peach colour, caused by the presence of manganese in its chemical composition. Morganite bracelets are popular, as are morganite engagement rings, earrings, and necklaces. It is highly prized for its durability, rarity, and unique colour. Whether cut into a round, oval, cushion, or princess shape, a morganite gemstone is sure to add a touch of elegance and beauty to any piece of jewellery it is set in.
What Makes Morganite So Popular?
Morganite is a popular gemstone due to its stunning colour, durability, and affordability. Its hue is unlike any other gemstone and it has become a popular choice for jewellery. Plus, as a member of the beryl family, morganite can withstand daily wear and tear, making it a great choice for those looking for a gemstone that’ll last.
Finally, compared to other gemstones like diamonds or emeralds, morganite is relatively affordable, making it accessible to a wider range of consumers. With these attractive qualities, it’s easy to see why morganite has become a popular choice for those looking to add a touch of elegance and beauty to their jewellery collection.
Can You Wear Morganite Every Day?
In short, yes. Because of morganite’s hardness and durability, it can withstand daily wear and tear and is suitable for jewellery that is worn frequently. However, as with any piece of jewellery, it’s recommended to take proper care of your morganite to keep it looking its best. This may include avoiding exposing it to harsh chemicals, removing it when undertaking activities that may scratch or damage the gemstone, and storing it properly when it’s not being worn.
Checking the Quality of Your Morganite Jewellery
As with all precious stones, quality is an important factor when contemplating everyday use. You might wonder how you can tell if morganite is high quality. To determine the quality of a morganite gemstone, several factors should be considered:
- Colour: High-quality morganite is a uniform colour without any noticeable inclusions or spots. The more intense and consistent the colour, the higher the quality.
- Clarity: A high-quality morganite will have a clear, transparent appearance. Inclusions can detract from the beauty of the gemstone and lower its value.
- Cut: The cut of a morganite gemstone should be precise and balanced, with well-proportioned facets that allow light to enter and reflect off the stone. A well-cut morganite will have a bright, sparkling appearance.
- Carat weight: The carat weight of a morganite gemstone is a measure of its size, with one carat equating to 0.2 grams. Larger morganite gemstones are rarer and typically more valuable than smaller stones.
- Shape: The most common shapes for morganite are round, cushion, oval, and princess. Round and oval shapes are highly valued because they’re versatile and can be used in various jewellery designs.
Morganite is a durable and versatile gemstone that can be worn daily without worrying about it losing its beauty or lustre. With proper care, a piece of morganite jewellery can last for years and add elegance to any outfit. Whether you prefer a simple pendant necklace or a statement ring, morganite can be the perfect gemstone for daily wear.